Metadata consist of information that characterizes data. Metadata are used to provide documentation for data products. In essence, metadata answer who, what, when, where, why, and how about every facet of the data that are being documented.
METADATA AND PRIVACY
Metadata within a file can tell a lot about you. Cameras record data about when a picture was taken and what camera was used. Office documents like PDF or Office automatically adds author and company information to documents and spreadsheets. Maybe you don't want to disclose those information on the web.
- python2.7 (at least)
- python-mutagen: for massive audio format support
- exiftool: for image format support
- python-pdfrw, gir-poppler and python-gi-cairo for full PDF support
- python-gi for the GUI
- shred (should be already installed)
For the command line:
or for the graphical interface:
HOW TO IMPLEMENT NEW FORMATS
- Add the format's mimetype to the STRIPPER list in strippers.py
- Inherit the GenericParser class (parser.py)
- Read the parser.py module
- Implement at least these three methods:
- Don't forget to call the do_backup() method if necessary
HOW TO LAUNCH THE TESTSUITE
python setup.py test
- Official website: https://mat.boum.org
- Bugtracker: https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/mat
- Git repo: https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/jvoisin/mat.git
If you have question, patches, bug reports, or simply want to talk about this project, please use the mailing list (https://mailman.boum.org/listinfo/mat-dev). You can also contact contact jvoisin on irc.oftc.net or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
Copyright 2011-2016 Julien (jvoisin) Voisin email@example.com
Mat would not exist without:
- the Google Summer of Code,
- the hachoir library,
- people on #tails@oftc and the Tails project
Many thanks to them!