This page documents things to have in mind when coding and refactoring and general directions we want to head to. Related to: #8847.
Topics to address
- use of underscores to identify private modules.
- reflect soledad client general purpose on client code.
leap.from soledad namespace.
- move to only one python package instead of 3.
- avoid mixing renaming/moving files and content modifications.
- only refactor if refactoring would make writing a feature or solving a bug easier.
- prefer smaller changes, so eventually this leads to bigger changes.
- have a recursive dependency approach to refactoring (i.e. to refactor this i have to first refactor there).
This is a work in progress.
client/ api.py crypto.py db/ __init__.py _adbapi.py _pipes.py _pragmas.py _sqlite.py blobs.py document.py sqlcipher.py events.py http.py interfaces.py sync/ __init__.py _http_target.py secrets/ __init__.py _auth.py _crypto.py _shared_db.py _storage.py _util.py _version.py server/ ... common/ ...
secrets/_shared_dbshould be replaced by a simpler `secrets/_remote