We need to be able to deploy new VMs using Puppet, in order to:
- make VM deployment more agile than it currently is, and
- pave the way for automatic environment creation.
Some things to take care of:
- Declaration through Hiera
- Network configuration
- OS installation (via image or automated debootstrap)
- Choose which of the below will be tackled and when.
Not for now:
- Partition/device tuning
- Fail/timeout when virt-install fails/timesout
- Name resolution (eg. using
- Automatic inclusion in Puppet
- Public IP assignement
- Use huge pages for memory allocation
- Libvirt storage pools