Find metaphors and images to explain the idea of pluggable transports
We need some good ideas how to illustrate the idea of obfuscated VPN connections. Moreover we need an easy understandable wording that emphasizes the aim of Pluggable Transports - circumvent censorship by states and large companies.
For now, I had the idea of using either a Chameleon or a Ghost as an symbol for obfs4 enhanced openvpn connections.
some random associations**
- changes its colors in order to adapt to the surrounding and thus cannot be detected easily -> parallel to PT vs. DPI: PT changes the characteristics of vpn packages.
- can pass through walls -> "big firewall"
- can be invisible
- less positive association than chameleon though, maybe dangerous? (Depends also on design)
- what are associations with ghosts in non-western parts of the world??
- hide identity or characteristics
- is already used in Bitmask / how to differentiate with existing implementation??
- obfuscated connections
- stealth mode / stealthed connections
- maskerade / masked connections
- hidden connections
TODO: check the wording Tor is using