automate tests for different android versions and devices
Enable LEAP to build APK's with confidence that they will work on the most widely distributed Android devices and OS versions, given a passing test suite.
When code is checked in, automated test suite is run inside a docker container against:
- Bank of emulators with fixed device (Samsung Galaxy) and varying API version (16 - 25).
- Bank of emulators with fixed API version (23) and varying devices (Galaxy, Nexus, Pixel, ...)
- Samsung Galaxy is the most widely used Android Device
- API v 23 (Lollipop) is the most widely installed Android OS
- API versions 16-18 (Jellybean) account for only 10% of Android users (vs: 20% for Kitkat, 32% for Lollipop 1&2, 31% for Marshmallow, & 5% for Nougat). Should we support it?
- What devices should we test against? How much value do we get from varying devices?
- I would like to investigate our Google Developer Console to see what the distribution of devices and API versions is among our current userbase. Can I (@aguestuser) have access to do that?
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have admin enable hashed storage. More information