Field Test Recommendations
WORK TODO BASED ON FIELD TESTS
- in preferences put lightning bolt next to recommended
- make color lines state change indicators thicker - change to 4px
- About us: add link to riseup.net https://riseup.net/en/about-us
- have donate from drop down go straight to website
- update status icons to ones without outlines (should be more space between the bars)
- update bridge icon. make a little smaller and not blurry
- Clarify UDP in settings "UDP is faster and great for streaming, but does not work for all networks."
- Make "turn on" text black like the outline of the button. In OSX its light grey.
- About Us needs spacing after the comas in the text.
- Bird clip art is blurry
- make the globe and the name of the place clickable
- Create Auto connect setting: "Auto-start the VPN every time I open the app"
- Fix false bridge gateway selection. If I manually select paris, then select obs4, it shows that paris has a bridge, and when i try to connect i can not.
- when you select "bridges", check if the gws have the manually selected, and otherwise revert back to auto, informing the users (for confirmation). Make sure when selecting bridge, the main panel shows either the gateway already in use if it has a bridge ability, or prompt user to select gateway. Currently this isn't always the case, especially with prior manual selection of gateway. In that case, it will show a gateway that doesnt have a bridge, and when you try to connect a single bird flaps and connection fails.
- Gateway Switching isnt clear when VPN is running
- making udp + obfs4 mutually exclusively (we can figure out the udp+obfs4 separately).
- Donate popup style fixes. Put Donate at the top, centered in bold. Needs spacing for margins, and the yes no buttons centered.
- Have uninstall section in setting with simple instructions -> under Help probably
- Have back arrow in preferences etc go back to the panel
PREFERENCE PANEL CHANGES
- more information about obfs4 and snowflake, what is it, what do I turn on? E.g. a hover, or a little (i) icon that leads to explanation kali: I like this idea of adding another layer for "deeper info". -[ ] is thre a "whats-this" equivalent in android? (we can do custom popups) -[ ] there's also the option of "advanced preferences"
WORK TO BE CONSIDERED
- when app is in the background, display "show app" in drop down kali: check! (workaround). compare to signal behavior?
- User recommends using hamburger menu instead of gear
- how do I check that I'm really connected?
- initial guide through program to learn about the features
- optionally up- and downstream infos
- Make a different installer icon. its is the same as app icon, leads to confusion
- Ask to delete Installer?